100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Vatican: Skip the line & St. Peter's Domeat Skip the line Vatican Ticket, Fri, 1 Oct 2021 - Mon, 26 Sep 2022
From $ 142.40
2. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 2 hoursat Vatican Morning Tour, Fri, 1 Oct 2021 - Mon, 26 Sep 2022
From $ 81.80
3. Rome in a day - 8 hoursat Rome in a Day, Fri, 1 Oct 2021 - Mon, 26 Sep 2022
From $ 196.90
4. Vatican and Sistine Chapel: Skip the Lineat Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Skip The Line, Tue, 28 Sep 2021 - Th, 25 Nov 2021
From $ 36.30
5. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Early Bird entryat Sistine Chapel & Vatican: Early Bird Access, Tue, 28 Sep 2021 - Mon, 26 Sep 2022
From $ 77.10
6. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 4.5 hoursat Extended Vatican Tour, Mon, 28 Mar 2022 - Mon, 26 Sep 2022
From $ 136.30
7. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Friday night guided tourat Vatican Museums Night Tour, Fri, 1 Oct 2021 - Sat, 24 Sep 2022
From $ 106.70
8. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Fast Trackat Colosseum: Fast Track, Mon, 27 Sep 2021 - Tue, 26 Oct 2021
From $ 37.00
9. St. Peters Basilica, Dome Climb and Vatacombsat , Fri, 1 Oct 2021 - Mon, 26 Sep 2022
From $ 60.60
10. Vatican Museum, Vatacombs, and St. Peter's Basilicaat Vatican Museums, Vatacombs, and St. Peter's, Fri, 1 Oct 2021 - Mon, 26 Sep 2022
From $ 95.40
Vatican Afternoon Tour
Not a morning person? Book a comprehensive 2 hour Vatican Afternoon Tour with one of our fan-favorite guides and save time by skipping the line!
- Skip the line to the world-renowned Vatican Museums
- Enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of Vatican City
- Learn all about the Vatican from your incredible guide
- Experience the beauty of The Sistine Chapel
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica on your own after your tour
Take a Guided Tour of the Vatican
Your English-speaking guide will cover all the major highlights of the Vatican museums' vast art collections. Our guides on our Vatican tours are extremely well-liked and receive many positive reviews and comments from our guests.
You'll visit the Rooms of Raphael, The Belvedere Courtyard, The Sistine Chapel and much more. Your guide will show you around, make sure you avoid any unnecessary queuing while continuing to share knowledge about all the many works of art.
After we exit The Sistine Chapel, your guide will show you to St. Peter's Basilica where you can browse around this incredible church on your own for as long as you like.
We also offer the same identical tour in the morning - Vatican Morning Tour. If you would also like a guided tour of the Vatacombs and St. Peter's Basilica, then try our Vatican Museum, Vatacombs and St. Peter's Basilica tour instead!
The tour is operated in English.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be sent directly to your email address entered at time of booking, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour start?
The tour starts by the When In Rome Tours' office. The address will be on your e-ticket. Please plan on arriving 30 minutes before the tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends by the Basilica.
How long is the tour?
The tour runs approx. 2 hours.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, there is a strict dress code at the Vatican. Shoulders and knees must be covered for both women and men. Sandals are considered appropriate.
Are there child rates?
Yes, child rates are available for children between ages 5-17. Children under age 5 are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- You will skip all official queues, and they can be very long, up to several hours. However on certain days like bank holidays, weekends and religious holidays there still may be some lines which are unavoidable. Even so, these lines will be far shorter than the public ones.
- Due to the popularity of the attractions and the number of visitors on the sites, your tour may run longer than anticipated. We regret any inconvenience this may cause you.
- Cancellations can happen at very short notice. In this case, we will contact you and offer you alternative tour dates or, if preferred, offer a full refund.
- Due to security reasons, we strongly recommend that you do not bring any large bags or packages.
- This tour is conducted as a walking tour, as no vehicles are allowed inside the Vatican, so please wear appropriate footwear.
Fantastic: 4.2 – 175 reviews
vatican afternoon tour
"our guide was wonderful ! very informative and spoke perfect english. highly recommend this tour!"
Linda, West caldwell
"Tudo funcionou perfeitamente, no entanto, o local é extremamente cheio, dificultando bastante a apreciação de suas obras de arte."
Fantastisk oplevelse og en fantastisk guide
"Guiden var helt fantastisk, hun var virkelig god til at fortælle om tingene og sørge for at vi fik en god oplevelse. Men vær forberedt på virkelig mange mennesker og husk vand."
Bra guidning på Vatikanens enorma konstsamlingar
"Vår guide Massimo gjorde besöket på Vatikanstaten roligt, intressant och begripligt. På bra engelska och med varm humor berättade han om religös och historisk bakgrund till Vatikanens samlingar av fantastiska målningar och skulpturer. Han svarade insatt på frågor från oss besökare."
Book From $ 69.80
Print out voucher
Running Time: 2 hours
- Skip-the-line ticket to the Vatican museums.
- A two hour guided tour.
- Access to the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica.
Vatican Afternoon Tour
When In Rome Tours Via Sebastiano Veniero 21 000192 Roma, Italy
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.