100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. The Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Skip-the-Line Last Minute Ticketsat Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Skip-the-Line Last Minute, Fri, 13 Oct 2023 - Sat, 30 Dec 2023
From $ 38.50
2. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided Highlights - 3 hoursat , Wed, 4 Oct 2023 - Tue, 1 Oct 2024
From $ 60.30
3. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Early Bird entryat Sistine Chapel & Vatican: Early Bird Access, Wed, 11 Oct 2023 - Wed, 28 Feb 2024
From $ 69.00
4. Best of Tuscany with Wine Tastingat Best of Tuscany with Wine Tasting , Tue, 3 Oct 2023 - Tue, 1 Oct 2024
From $ 164.70
5. Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heartat Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heart, Fri, 6 Oct 2023 - Th, 28 Dec 2023
From $ 107.20
6. Colosseum & Roman Forum: All of ancient Rome - 8 hoursat Rome in a Day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill, Wed, 18 Oct 2023 - Tue, 1 Oct 2024
From $ 105.50
7. St. Peter’s Basilica: Dome Climb & Papal Crypts with Guideat St. Peter’s Basilica: Dome Climb with Guide, Th, 5 Oct 2023 - Tue, 26 Mar 2024
From $ 53.40
8. Vatican Museums: Guided Tour in Englishat Vatican Museums: Guided tour in English, Sat, 7 Oct 2023 - Th, 29 Feb 2024
From $ 80.40
9. Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tourat Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tour, Tue, 3 Oct 2023 - Sun, 7 Jan 2024
From $ 88.10
10. Papal Audienceat Papal Audience, Wed, 25 Oct 2023 - Wed, 27 Dec 2023
From $ 49.80
Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Friday night guided tour
Get a once-in-a-lifetime experience in Rome: Explore the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel at night! On this tour, your guide will lead you through the various galleries, including Raphael's Rooms. This nighttime visit saves you from the massive daytime crowds and the heat of the sun!
- Visit the Vatican Museums after official closing hours
- Avoid the crowds and the heat of the daytime
- See the stunning ceiling of the Sistine Chapel
- Visit Raphael's Rooms
- Borrow a headset to better hear your guide
What can I expect?
Explore the Vatican Museums after hours
On certain evenings each year, the Vatican Museums stays open after official hours. If you manage to snag a spot on our Vatican Museums Night Tour, you are in for a true treat!
If you have ever visited the Vatican Museums on a summer morning, you're surely familiar with the long, stressful lines of people and the overheated rooms. Touring at nightn saves you from these hassles, while still letting you see all the highlights of the museum.
As you explore the Vatican Museums, your knowledgeable, English-speaking guide will fill you in on the history and stories behind the art and artists. You’ll appreciate the intricate artistry of master weavers in the Gallery of the Tapestries and the stunning painted ceilings of the Candelabra Gallery. And you'll also explore Raphael’s Rooms, which show the master at the height of his powers.
Finally, you’ll experience the Vatican Museum’s ultimate highlight, the Sistine Chapel. Few people have the chance to stand beneath Michelangelo’s most important creation at this hour of the evening. Fun fact: there are nine central panels on the chapel ceiling, and the first one depicts the separation of light from darkness!
How does it work?
Your ticket will be e-mailed directly to you shortly after your booking is complete. Bring a printed copy with you on the tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts at the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi.
Please be there 15 minutes before your tour starts.
Where does the tour end?
The tour ends at the Vatican Museums.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 2.5 hours.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. City Wonders and Ticmate cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between age 6-18. Children under the age of 6 years are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Vatican only permits very small bags, and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks.
- You can use the free luggage storage area which may result in your having to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance.
Fantastic: 4.5 – 4 reviews
Night tour with guide Barbara
"This was a wonderful experience. Our guide Barbara took us through the history and spoke very inspiringly about the history, Michelangelo, Raphael and the others who have made the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapell so fantastic!"
"Kaikki sujui mainiosti; saimme etuoikeuteusti kuunnella korvaradion kautta oppaan asiantuntevat selostukset mykistävien taideaarteiden ja niiden tekijöiden työskentelystä. Suosittelen!"
Večerní prohlídka Vatikánských muzeí a Sixtinské kaple
"Pohodlný vstup, bez čekání. Výborný výklad průvodce, v angličtině. Viděli jsme ty zásadní exponáty. Při množství vystavených děl je třeba si vybrat, jinak je tam možné strávit 3 měsíce.Přes večerní termín množství lidí. Ale to je asi otázka náhody, byl pátek a fronty venku byly ještě v 19 hodin."
Book From $ 91.90
Refundable tickets Refundable tickets
Refundable up to 48 hours before performance date. A cancellation fee of up to 20% pr. ticket may apply
Print out voucher
Running Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- A visit to the Vatican Museums after official closing hours.
- A headset.
The tour departs Friday at 7:30 P.M.
Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Friday night guided tour
The corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi 00192 Roma RM Italy
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.