100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Pompeii Half Day Tour: Guided tour & trainat Pompeii Half Day Tour: Guided tour & train, Mon, 28 Mar 2022 - Mon, 31 Oct 2022
From $ 294.80
2. Rome in a day - 8 hoursat Rome in a Day, Mon, 24 Jan 2022 - Mon, 31 Oct 2022
From $ 196.90
3. Best of Tuscany with Wine Tastingat Best of Tuscany with Wine Tasting , Sun, 23 Jan 2022 - Fri, 30 Dec 2022
From $ 191.10
4. Colosseum & Roman Forum: All of ancient Rome - 8 hoursat Rome in a Day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill, Mon, 28 Mar 2022 - Tue, 27 Dec 2022
From $ 122.40
5. Vatican Museum, Vatacombs, and St. Peter's Basilicaat Vatican Museums, Vatacombs, and St. Peter's, Mon, 24 Jan 2022 - Mon, 31 Oct 2022
From $ 95.40
6. Guided Tour of the Borghese Galleryat Guided Tour of the Borghese Gallery, Sun, 23 Jan 2022 - Sat, 31 Dec 2022
From $ 81.80
7. Rome Hop-On Hop-Offat Rome Hop-On Hop-Off , Sun, 23 Jan 2022 - Sun, 27 Mar 2022
From $ 38.20
8. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 4.5 hoursat Extended Vatican Tour, Mon, 28 Mar 2022 - Mon, 31 Oct 2022
From $ 136.30
9. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Early Bird entryat Sistine Chapel & Vatican: Early Bird Access, Mon, 24 Jan 2022 - Sat, 31 Dec 2022
From $ 77.10
10. Roman Vineyards and Wine Tastingat Roman Vineyards and Wine Tasting, Mon, 28 Mar 2022 - Mon, 31 Oct 2022
From $ 87.40
Day Trip to Pompeii and Sorrento
You've no doubt heard the story of Pompeii, famously preserved under ash when the Mount Vesuvius Volcano erupted. On this tour, you'll explore those ruins for yourself - but you'll also be able to see what the city looked liked before its destruction, thanks to Virtual Reality visors. Afterwards, take a break in the beautiful seaside Sorrento.
- Learn about its history from an expert archaeologist
- Ride between sites on a comfortable, WiFi-equipped van
What can I expect?
When the Mount Vesuvius volcano erupted in AD 79, the city of Pompeii was covered in ash and destroyed. Visitors have toured the ruins of Pompeii for centuries. But now, through the use of Virtual Reality visors, you can explore Pompeii as it was before the tragedy. Using the visors, you can toggle from past to present. See the perfectly-preserved ruins, and then see how they looked back when Pompeii was a thriving Roman port.
A luxury van will take you to Pompeii after you meet your group in Rome. After you explore ancient Pompeii through our Virtual Reality technology, your archaeologist guide will take you on an adventure through the ruins. See the fascinating "death postures": the plaster casts of the unfortunate citizens who were frozen in time on the day Vesuvius erupted. It's a macabre sight that will leave a lasting impression.
After the tour of Pompeii we make our way to Sorrento near the Amalfi Coast, a beautiful town overlooking the Bay of Naples. Kick back as you breathe in the breeze off the Tyrrhenian Sea. This tour is perfect for those wishing for a once-in-a-lifetime experience that will stimulate your senses while teaching you history.
How does it work?
Your e-ticket will be sent directly to your email shortly after your booking is complete. Print it out and bring it to the tour, or present it on your mobile phone.
Where is the meeting point?
Meet at Piazza della Repubblica.
- Unfortunately this tour cannot accommodate guests with limited mobility or guests who use wheelchairs.
What’s not included?
Book From $ 253.10
Mobile voucher accepted
Running Time: 12 hours
-Luxury Mercedes van round trip Rome to Pompeii with guided tour
-Hassle-free semi private experience
-Fully guided tour of the ruined city of Pompeii in the shadow of Vesuvius
-Optional Limoncello tasting and stroll in sumptuous Sorrento
-Option to go swimming and relax on the beach weather permitting
-English speaking driver at your disposal for the entire day
Upon arrival at the meeting address, all members of your party over the age of 12 or older must present a “Health Pass” and a valid ID, proving that you are either:
- Fully vaccinated (with an EMA-approved vaccine - first and second dose), and the second dose administered at least 14 days before your visit
- You have been tested (PCR or antigen) with a negative result within the last 48 hours.
- Or that you have recovered from COVID-19, attested by a PCR or antigen test result, at least 15 days and no more than 6 months old
Please check the calendar for dates and times.
Piazza della Repubblica 00185 Rome Italy
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.