100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Rome in a day - 7 hoursat Rome in a Day, Fri, 28 Feb 2020 - Sat, 22 Aug 2020
From $ 142.40
2. Pompeii Half Day Tour: Guided tour & trainat Pompeii Half Day Tour: Guided tour & train, Th, 2 Apr 2020 - Th, 31 Dec 2020
From $ 267.70
3. Best of Tuscany with Wine Tastingat Best of Tuscany with Wine Tasting , Sun, 23 Feb 2020 - Tue, 5 Jan 2021
From $ 0.00
4. Colosseum & Roman Forum: All of ancient Rome - 8 hoursat Rome in a Day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill, Tue, 25 Feb 2020 - Sun, 21 Feb 2021
From $ 111.20
5. Day Trip to Pompeii and Sorrentoat , Tue, 25 Feb 2020 - Sat, 22 Aug 2020
From $ 182.90
6. Vatican Museum, Vatacombs, and St. Peter's Basilicaat Vatican Museums, Vatacombs, and St. Peter's, Wed, 26 Feb 2020 - Sat, 22 Aug 2020
From $ 71.20
7. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Audio Guideat Colosseum & Roman Forum: Audio Guide, Sun, 23 Feb 2020 - Th, 21 May 2020
From $ 25.00
8. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 2 hoursat Vatican Morning Tour, Wed, 26 Feb 2020 - Sat, 22 Aug 2020
From $ 60.90
9. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided - Gladiator's gateat The Best of Rome 2 hours, Fri, 28 Feb 2020 - Sat, 22 Aug 2020
From $ 56.80
10. Vatican and Rome Cardat Vatican and Rome Card, Sun, 23 Feb 2020 - Tue, 30 Jun 2020
From $ 132.80
Day Trip to Pompeii & Mt. Vesuvius Crater from Rome
You've seen images of the ruins of Pompeii, famously preserved under ash when the Mount Vesuvius Volcano erupted. On this tour, you'll explore those ruins, plus Mount Vesuvius, for yourself—but you'll also be able to see what the city looked liked before its destruction, thanks to Virtual Reality visors.
- Experience ancient Pompeii in Virtual Reality
- Get briefed on the city's history from an expert archaeologist
- Ride between sites on a comfortable, WiFi-equipped van
- Enjoy pizza or panini for lunch
What can I expect?
When the Mount Vesuvius volcano erupted in AD 79, the city of Pompeii was covered in ash and destroyed. Visitors have toured the ruins of Pompeii for centuries. But now, through the use of Virtual Reality visors, you can explore Pompeii as it was before the disaster. Using the visors, you can toggle from past to present. See the perfectly-preserved ruins, and then see how they looked when the site was a thriving Roman port. It's a historic site that's not to be missed.
You'll head to Pompeii via a luxury van after meeting your group in Rome. After you explore the pre-disaster Pompeii through the Virtual Reality visors, your archaeologist guide will take you on an adventure through the ruins. See the fascinating, macabre "death postures": the plaster casts of the unfortunate Pompeiians who were immortalized when Vesuvius erupted.
After lunch (pizza or panini), you'll travel to see Mount Vesuvius itself, a.k.a. "the sleeping giant." A 20-minute hike will bring you to the highest available peak, from where you can peer down directly into the volcano's crater. But not to worry: aside from a small bubbling stream, this giant is definitely sound asleep.
How does it work?
Your e-ticket will be sent to your email shortly after your booking it complete. Print it out and bring it with you to the tour. Mobile tickets are also accepted.
Where is the meeting point?
Meet at Piazza de Repubblica.
- Please bring a hat, sunblock, and sturdy, comfortable shoes.
- Unfortunately, this tour cannot accommodate guests with limited mobility or wheelchair users.
What’s not included?
- Alcoholic beverages
Mobile voucher accepted
Running Time: 12 hours
- Skip-the-line ticket to Pompeii
- Pizza or panini for lunch
- Bottled water
- Free WiFi
Please check calendar for date and time.
Piazza della Repubblica 00185 Rome Italy
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.