100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Vatican Museum, Vatacombs, and St. Peter's Basilicaat Vatican Museums, Vatacombs, and St. Peter's, Fri, 30 Oct 2020 - Sat, 31 Oct 2020
From $ 76.40
2. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided Highlights - 3 hoursat , Sat, 31 Oct 2020 - Fri, 29 Oct 2021
From $ 68.20
3. Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tourat Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tour, Sat, 31 Oct 2020 - Fri, 29 Oct 2021
From $ 99.70
4. Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heartat Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heart, Sat, 31 Oct 2020 - Fri, 29 Oct 2021
From $ 121.30
5. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 4.5 hoursat Extended Vatican Tour, Mon, 29 Mar 2021 - Fri, 29 Oct 2021
From $ 132.90
6. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Friday night guided tourat Vatican Museums Night Tour, Sat, 31 Oct 2020
From $ 104.00
7. St. Peter's Basilica: Guided highlights & the Tombsat St Peter's Basilica & Necropolis: Guided Tour & Skip the line, Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - Tue, 22 Dec 2020
From $ 73.40
8. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Audio Guideat Colosseum & Roman Forum: Audio Guide, Fri, 30 Oct 2020 - Wed, 27 Jan 2021
From $ 26.80
9. Colosseum & Roman Forum: All of ancient Rome - 8 hoursat Rome in a Day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill, Sat, 31 Oct 2020 - Fri, 29 Oct 2021
From $ 119.40
10. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Early Bird entryat Sistine Chapel & Vatican: Early Bird Access, Sat, 27 Mar 2021 - Fri, 29 Oct 2021
From $ 75.10
St. Peters Basilica, Dome Climb and Vatacombs
When we say that the Dome of St. Peter's Basilica is the place to go for the best possible view of Rome, we're not exaggerating: per Roman law, no building in Rome can rise higher than the Dome! With this tour, you'll climb to the top of the Dome, then head down to explore the Basilica itself.
- See Rome from the best vantage point in the city
- Take a guided tour through St. Peter's Basilica, led by an art historian
- Enjoy the rare opportunity to visit the Papal Crypts
What can I expect?
Get ready to see some of the high points of Roman culture—and to see Rome from its highest point! Not only does this tour give you a crash course in history and art—it also lets you see Rome from the Dome of St. Peter's basilica, the best vantage point there is!
You'll start off by meeting your guide—an art history expert—at St. Peter's Square. They'll lead you to the famous Dome, designed by Michelangelo. There are 551 steps to the top of the Dome, but your group will take the elevator part way and then climb the remaining stairs at a leisurely pace, with plenty of breaks. The breathtaking view from the top is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Get ready to whip out your camera!
Once you make your way down from the Dome, you'll head into St. Peter's Basilica, where your guide will fill you in on its unparalleled art and intriguing history. You'll also visit the rarely accessed Papal Crypts and the Vatacombs.
How does it work?
Your e-ticket will be emailed directly to you shortly after your booking is complete. Print it out and bring it to the tour.
Where is the meeting point?
Meet at St. Peter's Square.
Visits to the Basilica of St. Peter may not take place on Wednesdays. In addition, the Basilica is closed to visitors during the liturgical celebrations of the Holy Father, events of the Holy See, and events of the Vatican City State. If the Basilica can't be visited, the guided tour will be carried out only in the Vatican Museums (for about three hours). In this case the ticket purchased will not be refundable.
Don't worry if you're not up for the trek to the top of the Dome. Anyone who feels unable to climb to the top is welcome to remain at the terrace level (where the elevator stops) while those who wish to climb all the way up can do so.
Infant (0-5): Free
What’s not included?
Hotel pickup and drop-off.
Food and drinks.
Print out voucher
Running Time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Please check calendar for date and time.
Largo del Colonnato 1 00193 Rome Italy
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.