100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Fast Trackat Colosseum: Fast Track, Sun, 23 Jan 2022 - Sat, 29 Jan 2022
From $ 37.00
2. Vatican and Sistine Chapel: Skip the Lineat Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel: Skip The Line, Mon, 24 Jan 2022 - Fri, 18 Mar 2022
From $ 36.30
3. Vatican Museum, Vatacombs, and St. Peter's Basilicaat Vatican Museums, Vatacombs, and St. Peter's, Mon, 24 Jan 2022 - Mon, 31 Oct 2022
From $ 95.40
4. Guided Tour of the Borghese Galleryat Guided Tour of the Borghese Gallery, Sun, 23 Jan 2022 - Sat, 31 Dec 2022
From $ 81.80
5. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 4.5 hoursat Extended Vatican Tour, Mon, 28 Mar 2022 - Mon, 31 Oct 2022
From $ 136.30
6. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Early Bird entryat Sistine Chapel & Vatican: Early Bird Access, Mon, 24 Jan 2022 - Sat, 31 Dec 2022
From $ 77.10
7. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Guided Highlights - 2 hoursat Vatican Morning Tour, Mon, 24 Jan 2022 - Mon, 31 Oct 2022
From $ 81.80
8. Rome in a day - 8 hoursat Rome in a Day, Mon, 24 Jan 2022 - Mon, 31 Oct 2022
From $ 196.90
9. Borghese Gallery: Skip the Lineat , Sun, 23 Jan 2022 - Sun, 6 Feb 2022
From $ 40.90
10. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Friday night guided tourat Vatican Museums Night Tour, Fri, 22 Apr 2022 - Sat, 29 Oct 2022
From $ 106.70
Vatican: Skip the line & St. Peter's Dome
This bright-and-early tour begins with an ascent to the dome atop St. Peter's Basilica, designed by none other than Michelangelo. Afterward, explore the Basilica church itself, followed by a tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Thanks to skip-the-line access, this crash course in art history can be done in half a day!
- Join a guided 4-hour tour
- Skip the long lines into the Vatican
- Take in the view from the top of St. Peter's Basilica
- Explore the interior of St. Peter's basilica
- Get a guided tour of the Vatican's highlights
- Gaze up at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel'
- Understand what you see thanks to your art-historian guide
What can I expect?
Explore the Vatican and St. Peter's Dome
The tour begins bright and early in St. Peter's Square, where you'll meet your guide. This art historian will lead you across the piazza into Vatican City. Your first stop is the dome of St. Peter's Basilica, designed by Michelangelo. It's the highest point in Rome (per the law!). There are 551 steep steps leading to the top of the Dome, but you'll take the elevator part way and then climb the remaining stairs at a leisurely pace, with plenty of breaks.
When you gaze at the 360 degree view from the top of the Dome, you can see Vatican City, the seven hills of Rome, and beyond.
After descending the Dome, you'll enter the church of St. Peter's Basilica itself. Explore the amazing architectural features, like the papal tombs and the niches, decorated with sculptures by the likes of Bernini and Michelangelo.
At 11:30 AM, your tour group will regroup and head to the Vatican Museum. You'll skip the line to enter and then embark on a 2 hour tour of the museum. The Vatican's art collection is one of the most important in the world, not to mention gigantic—it occupies more than 1,200 rooms!
How does it work?
How do I get my tickets?
Your e-ticket will be emailed directly to you shortly after your booking is complete. Mobile tickets are also accepted.
Where does the tour start?
Meet your guide beneath the two arches on Via di Porta Angelica, just before the colonnade of pillars which run around St. Peter's Square. Your guide will be holding a red folder or a red umbrella.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. All individuals must have their knees and shoulders covered. When in Rome Tours and Ticmate cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
Why are my tickets over face value?
The price you pay per ticket includes the booking fees and reservation fee for the Vatican, plus fees for our local agent in Rome and for Ticmate.
If you queue up at the Vatican ticket office, the price is €20. In this case, you must wait to get in. Waiting time can exceed 2 hours.
Our tickets are skip-the-line priority entrance tickets. These can save you hours of time in lines at the Vatican box office and at the entrance!
Infant (0-5): Free of charge
Very Good: 4.0 – 7 reviews
Alsnog lange rijen
"We hebben alsnog 45 minuten in de rij gestaan. Dat scheelt natuurlijk wel, maar best vermoeiend. De prijs is ook twee keer zo hoog. We wisten niet zo goed wat de bedoeling was. Hoe je van het museum naar het Sint Pietersplein kwam etc.. we misten een plattegrond of iets dergelijks."
Book From $ 142.40
Mobile voucher accepted
Save time – Skip the line
Running Time: 4 hours
- Get the view from the Dome atop St. Peter's Basilica
- Take a comprehensive tour of St. Peter's Basilica
- Skip the long lines at the Vatican entrance!
- Tour the Vatican museums with your licensed guide
- Gaze up at the Sistine Chapel
- Learn from an art history expert
Upon arrival at the meeting address, all members of your party over the age of 12 or older must present a “Health Pass” and a valid ID, proving that you are either:
- Fully vaccinated (with an EMA-approved vaccine - first and second dose), and the second dose administered at least 14 days before your visit
- You have been tested (PCR or antigen) with a negative result within the last 48 hours.
- Or that you have recovered from COVID-19, attested by a PCR or antigen test result, at least 15 days and no more than 6 months old
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday at 8:00 RomeTicketsInternational.com AM
Skip the line Vatican Ticket
Largo del Colonnato 1 00193 Rom Italien
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.