Rome in a day
This impressive tour starts at the very centre of Rome at the Piazza Venezia near Rome's Ancient City. It is here we begin the tour with a visit to the Colosseum . Once inside this amazing structure, you will able to tread in the same footsteps ad the Gladiators once did. You will hear about the “Games” and their importance in Roman society.
We will then enter the Roman Forum where we give you a glimpse of what life was like in Ancient Rome during the times of emperors and tyrants such as Julius Caesar, Augustus, Claudius and Nero. Before leaving the forum, we will learn the reasons for the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.
Thereafter we will visit the Capitol Hill, locally known as the Campidoglio. This piazza was designed by Michelangelo and offers a stunning view of Piazza Venezia - the site of the Victor Emmanuele II monument and Mussolini's Palazzo. From here we stroll to Rome's most famous fountain, The Trevi Fountain,…remember to throw a coin! and then we will take in the graceful Pantheon and then on to the picturesque Piazza Navona.
At approximately 12:45 we will take a break for lunch. Whilst lunch is not included, the guide would be happy to make recommendations about the local eateries
The second part of the tour starts at 2.20pm at our agents office which is very near The Vatican Museum at this address: “When In Rome Tours” - Via Sebastiano Veniero 21 , 00192 Roma!
We start by visiting The Vatican Museums. You will see the Belvedere Courtyard, Room of the Muse ,the Gallery of Tapestries and of course the magnificent Rooms of Raphael and the stunning Sistine Chapel. We then head to St Peter's piazza where the tour ends. If you want to visit the Basilica, your guide will provide you with skip the line access.
- Tour Duration: Approximately 8 hours
- The Tour is in English.
- Children under 7 years old are free. All other pay normal price!
- Entrance tickets to The Vatican, Colesseum and Roman Forum is INCLUDED in your ticket (this you normally pay directly at The Vatican and Coliseum) and is equivalent to min. EUR 30 per person.
- Lunch is not included in the price - You will skip all official/public queues, and they can be VERY long, up to several hours. However on certain days like bank holidays, weekends and religious holidays there might be some lines. This cannot be avoided, but these lines will be far shorter than the public ones!
- The Tour starts at 9.00am.
- Cancellations can happen at very short notice. In these cases we will contact you and offer you alternative tour dates or offer you a full refund!
- There is a strict dress code at the Vatican. Shoulders and knees must be covered for both women and men. Sandals are considered appropriate.
- Due to security and security checks, we strongly recommend that you do not bring any large bags or packages!
- This tour is conducted as a walking tour, as no vehicles are allowed inside the Vatican, so please wear appropriate footwear!
- This tour ends at The Vatican City!
Rome in a day
Vittorio Emanuele II monument
00186 Rome, Italy
(Map, look under ”directions”)
Rome in a day
Tue., Thur. and Sat at 9.00am.
Please be there 10 minutes before the tour start!
Colosseo Station. From here it is only a 5-10 min. walk!